ICDL GCC FoundationThe candidate will be responsible for contributing to organization projects through code and documentation. Maintaining a good understanding of the technical direction of the Development team by providing constant feedback to his line manager. Will involve specification and development of new projects, testing and supporting release, implementation of new products, and maintaining technical documentation as appropriate.
• Design and implement project modules.
• Write design documents.
• Adhering to quality standard and applying unit testing.
• Maintaining existing applications and developing new applications.
• Act as project leader when required / requested by Line Manager.
• Advise Line Manager of requirements or issues related to project specifications.
• Other duties as assigned.
Skills• Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related field.
• At least 2 years experience as a VB.Net developer.
• At least 2 years experience on development work involving large-scale vb.net applications (large portals).
• Strong knowledge of Object Oriented Design and Object Oriented Programming.
• Expertise in the following technologies: ASP.Net, MS SQL 2000 / 2005, Visual Basic.
• MicroSoft .Net certified in any of the following: MCPD, MCAD, MCSD, and / or MCTS.
• Familiarity with MS Visual SourceSafe.
• Ability to communicate clearly in English, both in writing and verbally.
• Able to work in a team or individually on any project.
• Able to meet deadlines for projects and tasks.
• Pro-active approach to projects and requirements.
EducationBachelors degree in Computer Science or related field.
Company ProfileThe International Computer Driving Licence (ICDL) concept is a global computer literacy initiative developed to raise the level of knowledge about Information Technology (IT) and increase the level of competence in using personal computers and common computer applications for all the citizens of the world.
Owned and co-ordinated by The European Computer Driving Licence Foundation Limited (ECDL-F), a non-profit organisation based in Dublin, Ireland, the ICDL is an internationally recognised, vendor-neutral certificate which demonstrates a person’s competence in computing knowledge and skills in accordance with international standards. ECDL (European Computer Driving Licence) and ICDL are synonymous, and identical standards apply to both.
The ECDL-F has produced a set of standards and quality guidelines which govern the procedures for the ICDL concept and ensure that it is operated in a consistent fashion in all member countries through adherence to these common quality standards. The Foundation has appointed and licensed ICDL GCC Foundation as the sole body to implement and disseminate the program in the Gulf Region with the support of the regions leading educational institutions and accreditation bodies.
- Company Industry: Education, Training, and Library
- Job Role/Department: Technology
- Job Location: Dubai, UAE
- Joining Date: 2009-11-01
- Employment Status: Full time
- Employment Type: Employee
- Monthly Salary Range: Unspecified
- Manages Others: Unspecified
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Career Level: Mid Career
- Years of Experience: 2 - 3 years
- Residence Location: United Arab Emirates
- Gender: Unspecified
- Nationality: Unspecified
- Degree: Bachelor's degree/higher diploma